Friday 10 May 2013

Sorry I've been a stranger

Good Afternoon all. I'm really sorry that I haven't posted for ages but I am still stuggling to get my mojo back. I keep going into my craft (dining) room and looking around but nope, nothing jumps out at me. I am feeling a bit down in the dumps to be honest.

I have made a couple of cards but I must admit I only made them because I had to.  The first one is an almost copy of one I made last year.


and for the second one I wanted to try something different, so I took inspiration from Tara and made this Shabby Chic/Vintage card for a colleague at work who is turning 50 on Monday.



I've done a little bit more crocheting too.  Emily asked me to do this one.  The 11th Doctor


You can find the pattern here:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/matt-smith-big-and-cuddly-drwho


10 comments:

Sue said...

Hello Debs
Your card are gorgeous. I love the images and such beautiful detailing
Fabby crochet, made me smile

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down, I hope you feel better soon

Take care
hugs Sue xx

Lisa xx said...

well, if you've not made a card for a wee while then I cant think of a better image to "get back in the saddle" with! both gorgeous cards Mrs!

Now onto the knitted Dr!!!! ooooh love it, I think I may have commented something similar on the post with the knitted Dalek, but I think these are wonderful....you've got to knit him a wee sonic screwdriver to help him defeat the daleks!!

Lisa xx said...

have you seen these before?

http://who-knits.livejournal.com/237384.html

how brilliant is that Tardis

Sandra H said...

Hi Debs, Oh its so nice to see you popping up l hope your Mojo returns fully as for your cards they are gorgeous the 2nd one is stunning and your Crochet is really taking off this is another stunner too! x

susiestacey said...

Hello stranger - do l know you?lol Lovely to see your post again Debs, lovely cards and the knitted Dr is fab. Take care and hope you are soon feeling a bit brighter x Susan x

Wendy said...

Hi Debs, love both your gorgeous cards and your crocheting is fabulous.
Hugs Wendy xx

coops said...

stunning cards debs.i really love your vintage one and fab crocheted doctor who :D

xx coops xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Your first is delightful with all the neutral colours teamed with the white on white. The second looks great
too & I especially like the way your rolled roses echo the flowers in the image.
Maybe you just need a bit of a rest & work on your crocheting for the time being. That chap looks super.
Paula (PEP)

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous cards and what a cute Doctor.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Hi Debs, ooh I know just how you feel! I've been struggling with Mr Mojo all this year - and am still struggling now!

Have given myself a firm talking to (and kick up the backside) this week and have coloured in an image today - hopefully it should be a card by tomorrow, then I may even blog it. shock, horror!!

Your card is just soo pretty and one of my all time favourite stamps - she may even be one of the first I ever brought.

Loving the crochet as well - 'specially The Dr, love that programme. I'd love to see a sonic screwdriver as well!!!!

Your Emily's got good taste!!!

Sarah