Sunday 8 August 2010

Penny Black Hedgies

My card this evening I am entering into a few challenges.  The first challenge is Sketch Saturday which of course is this fabulous sketch.  I really enjoyed using this one, all my favourite sketches seem to have circles in them.  I am also entering my card into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge which this week is 'on the beach'.  Now I know you are going to say this isn't very beachy but everytime I see this stamp 'head over heels' it reminds me of when the kids were little and going to Ainsdale beach at the weekends where they spent all the time doing 'rolly polly's' down the sand dunes so I hope it will be accepted as an entry.


I have coloured the cute hedgies with Promarkers.  The papers are Stamping Up.  I have cut the large circle with the X Cut Shape Cutter and embossed with Swiss Dots folder.  The yellow and pink flowers have been recycled from an old birthday card I received.  Swirls are a cuttlebug die cut.  Charm and gem from stash.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

One Stop Crafts - Summer Fun
Fab 'n' Funky - Spotty, Dotty and Stripes
PB at Allsorts Challenge - Glitter and Glitz

18 comments:

Patsi said...

this is stunning, I love the summery colours and the cute hedgies xx

Fiona said...

lovely card..I like the colour combo and that image is just so cute..thanks for joining us at nPaper Sundaes this week..hope to se you next week.

Fi

Fleur said...

Fantastic card, such a cute image & beautifully coloured
Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, good luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lisa xx said...

this is just gorgeous! love the colours, the papers, the layout and dont get me started on that stamp - awwww!

Squirrel x said...

Oh you just know how much I love a PB hedgie! Gorgeous card hun, everything about it is simply perfect. Hugs, Sxx

coops said...

gorgeous card.the image is so cute and i love the fab layout and zingy summery papers.
good luck in the challenges :)

xx coops xx

Stephanie said...

Awww Debs this is so adorable, what a lovely card :) xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Debs, this is lovely :) xx
I love how you have managed to make that sketch work (I tried and failed!).
I love the penny black images, I have to get some of those. I love the delicate colours in this, and the DP's are gorgeous!
good luck xxalisonxx

Kath Stewart said...

super cute roly poly card debs......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxx

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the image so cute thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

France Ringuette said...

Oh how they are adorable, really nice metal ornament ont your page. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes
France

brenda said...

Hi Debs

What a fax card, ot seen that stamp before but it's really great.

Thank you for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

B x

scotspanda said...

aww I love the imgae, love the papers too, its a gorgeous card

thanks so much for joining in the Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge this month....good luck!

Amanda xx

Kirsten...x said...

stunning card i adore this image...x

Thanks for joining in Penny black at allsorts this month Hugs Kirsten...x

Mummylade said...

absolutely adorable. Thank you so much for entering your work in the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge this month.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card I love the image and the colours are so summery...

Thanks for playing at PennyBlack at Allsorts

Emma xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card Debs
luv
Debby

Tasha said...

Lovely card Debs, great layout and lovely image
love tasha xx