Saturday 21 February 2009

Today's Cards

It has been quite a sad time for us lately, my Father-in-law passed away a fortnight ago and the funeral was last Friday, so as you can imagine there has been a lot going on, sorting out the funeral and making sure my mother-in-law, Betty was okay. Then the day after the funeral my husband's auntie passed away, so his uncle lost his brother and his wife within two weeks. They have only just told us about this as they thought we had enough on our plates.


Now the good news, don't they always say that when you have a death you always hear about a birth too. The week after Bert passed away my mum phoned me to tell me that my cousin Bev had given birth to a little boy so this is a card to celebrate his birth.

5 comments:

Rach said...

such a lot of sadness sweetie, hope that you are coping ok. you have made two beautiful cards.xxx

Tasha said...

These cards are absolutely stunning
love tasha xx

Tara said...

Sorry to hear of your losses Debs but glad you have had some good news to cheer you up a bit! Two beautiful cards!! xx

kay said...

sorry about your loss and loved your cards.x

gina g said...

Sorry to hear that your having such a bad time of it lately, but the cards are lovely. luv gina xx