Wednesday 16 January 2013

Happy New Year

Good Morning All. Long time, no see ha ha.   Before Christmas my mojo did a runner and I'm afraid it didn't come back.  So as I had packed all my crafty bits away to clear the dining room for Christmas I made the decision not to get it out again and to have a little break from card making for a while.  I am not giving up.  I am sure it will all come out again at some point.  So instead I have enjoyed catching up on all the books I had been meaning to read.  I've been doing a bit of sewing and I've also been watching You Tube videos and teaching myself crochet.  I could already make granny squares but have never made anything else.  So I found this fab instruction video by Sharon for this little crochet monkey.

Meet Mickey



I am quite proud of myself, never having done it before but it really was quite easy with the fab instructions.  I didn't use the correct wool as I just used up some scraps I had.  My next one will be a lot better I'm sure.

Right off to get the dreaded h*******k done, then off to blood donor session this afternoon.  I'll be back to show you my next crafty project as soon as I've decided what I'm doing.

Take Care Debs xx 


11 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Debs, Love your crochet monkey, he's fab & so cute.
Wendy xx

Sue said...

Awwww how cute!!!
I have done any crochet for years, I keep meaning to start again but never have the time now which is a shame
Take care
Hugs Sue

susiestacey said...

Hi Debs, love the monkey. Hope you are keeping ok and don't forget to drop into the world of Blog from time to time. Happy New Year and take care x Susan x

Sandra H said...

Happy New Year Deb, Sorry to hear your mojo went and l'm sure it will return but hey just look at what you have created its brilliant another string to you bow!! x

Lisa xx said...

hehehe, how cute is that Monkey! I've never been good at knitting or crochet or anything like that, but its good that you've got that as your creative outlet.....hope we see more of your gorgeous cards soon though xx

Debbie said...

Hi Debs, Mickey is adorable.How clever are you.I Love it.Hugs Debbie x

coops said...

aw he is so cute debs :D

xx coops xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

awwww ... what a little cutie my granddauther would love him ... or is he a she lol ... well done on teaching yourself ... I have never mastered the art of crochet ... hope you are safe and warm ... we have SNOW !!! lol happy crafting and love sandy xx

Unknown said...

Ooooh how sweet Debs! Love him! I'm rubbish any sort of knitting / crochet, just can't get the hang of it.

Know just what you mean about Mr Mojo going on his jollies - I've been struggling the last couple of weeks as well. Lots of paper shuffling and nothing produced.

Sarah

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Debs :)

Love your funky monkey! :) I was taught to crochet when I was young, and I think I too could do granny squares with my eyes shut, but I never imagined you could make something like this with it! :)

I also struggled with my mojo over christmas, and well into the new year, and am only just beginning to feel my feet again. I think when you have had a wee break it does you the world of good :)

Cant wait to see you back, so dont be away too long :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Stephanie said...

Happy belated new year debs! What a super monkey - so cute, you are clever!