Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Mum and Dad's Anniversary

Good Afternoon everyone.  Hasn't it been a lovely morning, but going a bit nippy now and the weather lady has promised us gales and rain for this evening.  No sign of it yet though.

It's mum and dad's wedding anniversary tomorrow (48 years) so I've been out with her today to buy their present.  We went into Stockport and got them some new placemats, coasters, cups, egg cups and a vase from Dunelm Mill.  I am going to pick up some flowers on my way home from work tomorrow and drop them off with my card.  While I was in Dunelm I had to check out the crafty section.  There were some lovely paper pads but not a single one had a price on!!  This is one of my pet hates, so left without buying anything.

My card today is being entered into a few challenges:

Meljens Design Challenge - U R such an animal
Friday Sketchers Challenge - The Sketch
Stamp Something - Digi Week
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Pink, Polka Dots
Paper Playtime - Digi Monday, Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Signs of Spring
Wild Orchid Challenges - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Ribbons
Charisma Cards - 4 Legged Friends

I've used this lovely digi image from Meljens Design called 'bunny love' and coloured with Promarkers.  The papers are a freebie from My Minds Eye which came with a magazine.  The ribbon and gems are from my stash.  The flowers are Kaiser scrapbook and are flat but I have layered them up following the instructions here and painted over the edges with irridescent medium to add a little shimmer.  The sentiment is Paula Pascual.

23 comments:

sari said...

awww... this is truly so sweet and lovely! Your parents will treasure it! Thanks for joining at the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs/Sari GDT

Chrissy said...

SO very cute, Im sure your Mum & Dad will love it.I know what you mean...No prices...it's so frustrating, by the time you finally find someone to ask, they dont know anyway, then huff and puff at you as if it's your fault.lol
Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel x said...

Hi Debs!! :)
What a gorgeous card- the image is very sweet and I love the colour tones (those are some of my fav papers- I'm still hoarding most of my free pack for something *special* enough- 48 years of marriage would count, I think!!lol)!! :)
Thanks for your popping by my blog again the other week- what are the chances of us both being in the same little place!?! :) The internet is huge but can be such a small world at the same time!! :)
Hope you've been able to make the most of the beautiful sunshine we've had this last week- 6 days out of seven, I think... can hardly believe it!! :) Shame it seems like it's nearly over for now!! ;S
hugs, Rachel x

Janis said...

Oh how sweet. Love how the image extends from the to of the mat. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Vicky said...

How adorable Debs and your parents are going to love it hun! Wow 48 years, thats just wonderful sweetie :o)

Me too hate it when they do not put price's on products ~ and I normally don't buy either!

have a lovely evening, hugs Vicky xx

Paula said...

those flowers look rather interesting & I love the way the ears of the lady rabbit extend over the top of the image panel with that little heart - some nifty cutting there. Your colouring of the flowers in the rabbit's bouquet matches those of the patterned paper beautifully. I too hate it when there aren't prices - as if someone is going to ask??
Hope your parents have a lovely day & many congratulations.
Paula (PEP)

Linda said...

Debs.I love them Bunnies!! Your mum and dad are sure to love this beautiful card. Happy Anniversary to them both xx

Lorraine said...

hi Debs huni hope your ok i love this card your mum and dad will love it the papers i love and the image is so adorable tfs xx

Em said...

Love the colors and layout! Adorable stamp too. Thanks for playing CCC this week!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Debs, fab image and details.
luv
Debby

coops said...

gorgeous card debs.i love the fab papers and colours and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Abi said...

Oh it's lovely, it will be much cherished & appreciated I'm sure. Re the unpriced items, I don't blame you for leaving them on the shelf, I would too x

Rach said...

this is gorgeous. thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachxx

Donna said...

Super sweet card, the polka dots look fab and your added detail is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cupcake Craft Challenge :) Donna x

aqualeiga said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the image, and that layout is fab too! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week for our 'Use Ribbons' challenge.

Hugs, Ali x

Gemma said...

beautiful creation! thanks for joining in this weeks 4 legged friends challenge at Charisma! Gemma :)

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card - hope they have a lovely day x Susan x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is soo pretty! I love the colors you have used and your image is just so cute and colored very well. Thank you for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad weekly challenge of Ribbon. Good luck in the draw to win that awesome prize! and I hope to see you again on Sunday for a new challenge The Navy Wife

Jacqueline said...

so sweet - that image is so adorable - i'm sure your parents will love it (and proberly keep it forever).
~Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline

Teresa said...

Good morning Debs, love the Anniversary card its beautiful. Congrats on winning on the stamp something challenge blog.
Hugs Teresa xx

Tasha said...

Hi there Debs this card is fabulous, i love the image you chose - perfect for an anniversary!
love tasha xx

Mina said...

I hate that too Debs, never go near shops who dont have prices in the window either and hate having to constantly ask prices...your card for your parents anniversary is gorgeous they will love it
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Aww gorgeous card Debs, the image is so sweet and I love the MME papers.
I did laugh at your comment, I'll rant while you hide lol
hugs Mandy xx