Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Christmas Card #9

Good afternoon, another lovely day here in Manchester.  I am sorry I haven't posted for a while but have got a stinking cold, it started on Thursday and the weekend was a total washout, I don't think I moved off my chair the whole time, I was feeling right sorry for myself.  Went in work yesterday but my head felt like it was full of marshmallows. 
Anyway onto todays card, it is my weekly Christmas Card for the Bah Humbug challenge.  This week the lovely ladies at Humbug Hall have set the challenge of 'apertures'. 


I have created my aperture by making a frame with my oval nesties and slotted the Cuttlebug snowflakes inside.  I have followed the sketch on A Gem of a Challenge and used this cute stamp Mimi and Snowman coloured with Promarkers and glittered with glamour dust.  The sentiment is Paula Pascual and the papers are Stamping Up.  I have used my Arch Lattice Martha Stewart punch and embossed with the cuttlebug snowflake folder.

I am also entering it into
The Jingle Belles Challenge - White, Kraft and Pale Blue
Wild Orchid Challenge - Dieing to punch it out
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes



20 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

oooh, this is nice and frosty Debs :)

Just right for our weather up here! lol.

Lovely image, its so cute, and great layout too - I just love the snowflakes, they are stunning.

hugs

xxalisonxx

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh--those ♥SNOWFLAKES♥ are sooooooooooo totally gorgeous! i think i see a new c-bug die in my future, thanks to you! what a lovely card all round, that stamp is adorable and i love the setting you've created for it! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

How could I not know about a challenge blog called "Bah, Humbug"??!?!?!?!?!?!? Well, I know NOW, so watch out! :)

I love your snowflakes inside the oval. REALLY nice. Love the little scene and all the elements. Very pretty.

Thanks for playing!

SmilynStef said...

Love the combination of all of those snowflakes ... so peaceful ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge :)

the crafty duck said...

Hi Debs, hope you are feeling better, your card is gorgeous, hope your mum is okay, lots of love Steph

Vicky said...

Such a pretty xmas card Debs and I love the snowflakes too hun :o)

Hope your Mums Op goes well sweetie,

sending big hugs Vicky xx

Paula said...

Hope things go OK for your Mum & you take care too. I thought you'd been a bit quiet so glad to see a post from you. I do like your aperture with the snowflakes - good thinking that.
Paula (PEP)

coops said...

gorgeous card debs.the image is fab and i love the snowflakes and colours.
i hope all goes well for your mum.

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, cute card Debs.
Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery once shes had her op.
luv
Debby

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Debs, sorry to hear your mum needs an op. I hope it all goes well for her today/tomorrow.

I popped back to see if any news, I hope you are ok.

Thanks also for your comment - the flourish is a marianne die - it came in a set with the big doily die, but I think I use the flourishes more than any other die :)

take care

hugs

xxalisonxx

Rose said...

this is super sweet!!
marshmallow head?? LOL :)

Sue said...

WOW! So glad I came to check out your Jingle Belles card - I just found at least three things on you card that I want to remember and use! Wonderfulness, for sure! Hope you're feeling better...

elsi67 said...

Lovely wintercard :) Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! lovely card!

Jennifer said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for using my sketch @ A Gem Of A Challenge! xx Jenny xx

Max said...

Awwwww ... Miss you too Debs but hopefully won't be too much longer before I can rejoin you all.
Fabulous card - espcially like how you've tucked the snowflakes into the aperture. Lovely effect. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Janet said...

Oooo aren't you organised lol!

Fab Christmas card! x

Ann said...

Hi there Debs sorry to be so late commenting - I've been away. Lovely to come back to such stunning creations though. This card is a real beauty. Well actually it's more than that it's totally gorgeous.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Abi said...

This is absolutely beautiful Debs, I really love the colours. Hope you are feeling much better bless you x